Alginate medical dressing is composed of alginate, which is a natural polysaccharide carbohydrate extracted from seaweed, and is a kind of natural cellulose. Alginate dressing, a high-absorption functional wound dressing composed of alginate. After the medical film contacts the wound exudate, it can form a soft gel, provide an ideal moist environment for the wound, promote wound healing, and relieve the pain. The effects of alginate dressings are as follows:
1. Safe and non-toxic: Alginate dressing is a natural polysaccharide carbohydrate extracted from seaweed. It is a kind of natural polymer material and has no toxicity to the human body and can be used safely.
2. High hygroscopicity: The alginate dressing can absorb 11 times the liquid of its own weight.
3. Hemostatic: The antimicrobial alginate dressing contacts the wound exudate to release Ca2+, which can promote the formation of prothrombin activator and accelerate the blood coagulation process.
4. Gelation: Alginate dressing absorbs wound exudate and exchanges Na+/Ca2+ ion with the exudate to form a stable net gel on the wound surface, creating a micro-environment conducive to tissue growth for the wound (slightly acid, anaerobic or hypoxic, moderately moist).
5. Promote wound healing: A slightly acidic, anaerobic or hypoxic, moderately moist environment promotes the release of growth factors and stimulates cell proliferation. Alginate dressings can improve the regenerative capacity and cell movement of epidermal cells and promote wound healing.
(1) Good airtightness, which isolates the wound from external bacteria.
(2) Harmful bacteria are fixed inside the fiber, which effectively inhibits the reproduction of harmful bacteria and reduces the chance of bacteria contacting the wound surface.
(3) The humid, slightly acidic environment is conducive to the function of neutrophils, enhances the local sterilization ability, and reduces the incidence of infection.
7. Reduce local pain: The hydrogel formed on the surface effectively protects the nerve endings and avoids external stimulation. It is not easy to adhere to the wound and is easy to remove, reducing pain on the wound.
8. Reduce scar formation: Because the antimicrobial alginate dressing has no irritation and no damage to the wound, so as to form less scars.
COVID-19 Solution Wound Care Gauze Liquid Skin Protectants Foam Dressing Silicone Wound Contact Layer Silicone Scar Repair Sheet Silver Antimicrobial Dressing Masks Face Mask Protective Coverall Incotinence Hygiene OR Solutions Personal Care Bandage Debridement Antimicrobial Super Sponge with PHMB Gloves Particulate Respirator Isolation Gowns Hand Disinfection Ear, Nose and Throat Care Wipes PurCotton Daily Care Adhesive and Film Dressing Exudate Management Protective Apparel Other Protective Apparel Surface Disinfection