Hydrogel wound dressing is a synthetic dressing, especially suitable for wounds that need to be kept moist, such as burns or necrotic wounds. Necrotic wounds are wounds that contain dead tissue, which must be removed before the wound healing. Certain types of hydrogel wound dressings can clean the wound by removing dead and infected tissue from the wound. Hydrogels can also be used as wound fillers or flat dressings. It can be shaped variously or used as simple gels, which can be used on wounds.
(1) Hydrogel wound dressings are not recommended for severely infected wounds, exposed bones and tendons, and excessively exuded wounds.
(2) The hydrogel wound dressing forms a gel after contact with wound exudate. When the dressing is opened, you can see purulent substances, accompanied by a special smell, sometimes the color of the appearance changes and the wound swells. This is the substance and smell formed by the decomposition of the hydrogel dressing for pressure ulcers and the protein in the exudate.
(3) Superficial to full-thickness wounds, wounds with medium to large amounts of exudate, cavities and sinuses, infections and bleeding wounds can be applied with alginate dressings, but it is not recommended for dry wounds and scorched wound.
(4) For wounds with excessive growth of granulation tissue and a large amount of exudate, a hydrogel foam dressing can be used to keep the local moist and clean with its strong exudate absorption capacity, equipped with an elastic bandage to inhibit the proliferation of granulation tissue.
(5) Keep the wound moist and the surrounding skin dry, and avoid excessively frequent dressing changes that affect the repair of the wound. It should also be based on the classification of the pressure sore, the size of the wound, the presence or absence of infection, the amount of discharge, the degree of pain, the condition of the surrounding skin and the patients' positions to use different types of hydrogel dressings for pressure ulcers.
Other Medical Product Solution Wound Care Gauze Liquid Skin Protectants Foam Dressing Silicone Wound Contact Layer Silicone Scar Repair Sheet Silver Antimicrobial Dressing Masks Face Mask Protective Coverall Incotinence Hygiene OR Solutions Personal Care Bandage Debridement Antimicrobial Super Sponge with PHMB Gloves Particulate Respirator Isolation Gowns Hand Disinfection Ear, Nose and Throat Care Wipes PurCotton Daily Care Adhesive and Film Dressing Exudate Management Protective Apparel Other Protective Apparel Surface Disinfection